Mage: A Tale of Death
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working lives and development lives

5 posters

Go down

Working lives and development lives Empty Working lives and development lives

Post  RobertRamsay Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 am

Hi I thought I'd start a topic regarding whos doing what during the day, when they will be online to do some work on the game and so on.

I for one am working this weekend and I cant get very much done but I've received the latest models from most of you...

Just now I have:

Nexus's Lantern needing re textured because I changed the UV layout.
SmoothOJ's Bed to texture, just finished making a vid on completing the UV's
Deathenders' 2nd sword to texture (i think the uv's were okay, need to check em again)
Deathenders candle holder (perfect UV's didnt need to touch em) to texture...
I also have some environment textures to create and adjustments to make for Jimmy, so thats my schedule over the next few days.

I'll try to put in as many hours as i can but this week is pretty crazy with work.

Anyone else like to share their schedule?

RobertRamsay
RobertRamsay

Back to top Go down

Working lives and development lives Empty Re: Working lives and development lives

Post  DeathEnder7 Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:44 pm

I didn't do the UV's on my second sword, I have done them on the 3rd sword, which I posted, but I've tidy them up even more since I sent that over, I'm thinking of doing that one myself once you post that tut and I can see the full process. Very Happy

I work full time Monday to Friday, I a field engineer so I'm on the road a lot a mostly out of contact during the day, plus gym and stuff after work, most of the time I do what I can in the evenings and weekends. I will split my time between this and the course, I'm about to start section 2-A now and as I understand it there a lot more work involved so I will have to find the right balance with what time I have. However I'm hoping to get at least 2 or 3 props done a week, complete with UV's done.
DeathEnder7
DeathEnder7

Back to top Go down

Working lives and development lives Empty Re: Working lives and development lives

Post  Nexus Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:29 pm

i can do work most nights, but as you know ive got my kids and obviously the course to balance Smile

on top of that in august ill be starting an art and design course to get a trad art folio done for me to get on a games art degree in uni next year Smile

<_< im a late starter Razz

anyhow if you need me to do something just holler and do whats needed Smile

Nexus

Back to top Go down

Post  RobertRamsay Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Thats great guys, nice to know that we all get busied up from time to time and I think that if we can put 1 model into this game each per week then that is enough for the games development time.

Put your priorities on your eduction/folio but allow this game to be a supporting ground for your future ambitions, I will support you all the way showing you all I have learned in the last year just by poking and prodding the areas of game development.

I injured my finger today and its so very sore, big gash on my right index finger at the 2nd join, its up like a lump right now... bit sore using the pen/tablet.

I really want to be texturing your models really soon but I also see that you are all progressing with the UV stuff really well, and if you are still unsure just ask, I cant wait to show you my texturing work flow as it will encourage you guys even more.
RobertRamsay
RobertRamsay

Back to top Go down

Post  Smooth_OJ Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:58 am

I work full time Monday - Friday, i just process jobs from order to despatch now so its not too strenuous. I tend to work on the T2G course Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights doing between 3-5 hours a night. Tuesdays my girlfriend tends to come round as her daughter is with her dad, but she likes an early night so i can usually get an hour or two in when she goes to bed. I dont generally do any work over the weekend unless i feel like it on the sunday night.

With me wanting to go back over certain areas anyway, doing bits for this project is being very handy as im learning alot anyway. so at the minute im keeping check on you guys, watching the tutorials on UV mapping and getting my portfolio 1 project finished before i map the underwater scene again!

Tonight ill be looking in the list for my 2nd prop to do so its liekly youll see a thread pop up later on.
Smooth_OJ
Smooth_OJ

Back to top Go down

Post  RobertRamsay Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:45 pm

Okay, it has been a hectic week and Jimmy the Lead Designer has been busy with work and all so I've basically been getting everyone up to scratch and fixing some of the UV's in the recent props you guys have made.

Nexus - Good work, keep it up, but keep yout topics as your own, I want to keep things more organised on a per-member/prop set up.

Deathender - Watch those vertic welds, I noticed you have welded some unrelated verts, when you select a vertice in the UV editor, the related vert will light up blue, but perhaps change this colour in the editor preferences to light purple or even yellow, it will make it easier for seeing.

SmoothOJ - Hope you have a better grip on UV's now and I look forwards to your next prop.

Okay guys I have just got the following models of yours to texture: Smooths' Bed, Deathenders' Candle and Holder and Nexus' Square Candle. Soon you will be seeing some texturing techniques and anything else I think will be useful.

Great work team! Cant wait to see all these models in game!!!
RobertRamsay
RobertRamsay

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathEnder7 Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:54 pm

I've been lining up the edges and stitching them together as I found this faster than welding verts? So I'm not sure why the verts would be welded to the wrong ones as I not manually doing it? The edges have to be correct for them to stitch? I will keep an eye on this.

Also there is another sword on my sword post that needs UV's and textures, that would be the second one I did. The 1st you've completed and the 3rd I've done the UV's and want to complete the textures on. Theres also a book on the props page I believe. I may start new post for them in props if you want?

Link for the tempered sword

http://adf.ly/246619/http://www.mediafire.com/?29b9x8yx3vdxjr0
DeathEnder7
DeathEnder7

Back to top Go down

Post  RobertRamsay Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Yep I have those, Ill get round to the second sword after these few props... Welding edges can be tricky, it doesnt always work correctly for me at least and you cant be sure if the edge is round the right way, so i think thats what might have happened, anyways. I always stick to vertices, takes longer but its fool-proof.
RobertRamsay
RobertRamsay

Back to top Go down

Post  DeathEnder7 Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Right I'll stick to verts from now on, getting faster at it now anyway as I've been going over my assignments in part one and doing all the UV's for objects I built for that. So it shouldn't slow me down much.
DeathEnder7
DeathEnder7

Back to top Go down

Post  RobertRamsay Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Great, good work Wink
RobertRamsay
RobertRamsay

Back to top Go down

Post  Nexus Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 am

heya peeps, face is feeling abit better now cheers

over the next two weeks my main focus will be on course work but ill do some tidbits on the mage project when i get the chance. this is because im starting an art course in september and i want to be upto section 2 before i start it Very Happy

hope y'all okay with this Smile

Nexus

Back to top Go down

Post  RobertRamsay Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Thats cool, sounds good.
RobertRamsay
RobertRamsay

Back to top Go down

Post  Nexus Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:35 am

Okay so im doing my textures for t2g today, ill be finished with it by tonight and i'll get the candelabra finished for sunday evening, monday at the latest Smile

Nexus

Back to top Go down

Post  RobertRamsay Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Yeh no problem.
RobertRamsay
RobertRamsay

Back to top Go down

Post  Chips Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:41 pm

I'll get that Wraith Model sheet finished by next week I think, sorry for it's delay, I've had a hectic month.
In addition to that, when you and Mika are online, perhaps we can get him introduced to the team?
I hope your hand's okay Rob.

Chips

Back to top Go down

Post  RobertRamsay Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 pm

Oh, cool. My hand is fine now. Was a hell of a gash! lol

Were called Mosquito Studios now mate, was a meeting with us all last nite.
RobertRamsay
RobertRamsay

Back to top Go down

Post  Smooth_OJ Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:01 pm

so, obviously Mika is now on the team - he has certainly introduced himself with some great ideas and clear vision! What is Mikas skype so i can make sure ive got contact with everyone? Also ive noticed NivareGEE has joined recently, what role is he taking and again skype??

As for whats going on with me right now - starting to finish off work to put towards a simple portfolio type document to send over to my BIL (Brother in law) at TT Games in an attempt to get a placement. Hes told me what he would like to see in it and said when i eventually get it to them and his workload cools down abit he will advise me on it and then take it to the head guru personally. Which is fantastic! but it means ive got a lot of work to do in a short space of time.

Im not so much casting my course work aside, more so just learning what i need to get this document done and dusted for about 3-4 weeks time. Going for about 3 models all textured using max and PS. Then 1 model done in maya and textured in Zbrush to show transferable skills (they use maya) Also doing a personal project which im hoping to animate. I still have a lot to learn in terms of texturing and especially animation as ive hardly touched on it - let alone maya and zbrush which ive never touched on!! So busy busy.

My Mage work, finishing off the company logo which i think is nearly there, one or two tweaks maybe. Happy with that. Texturing the iron cross which should have an update come sunday night. I will also texture the beer pitcher and cell bed as im not sure theyve been done by Rob. Going to use these in portfolio anyway so may aswell get them done.

If only i didnt have to do the day job! Evil or Very Mad
Smooth_OJ
Smooth_OJ

Back to top Go down

Post  RobertRamsay Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Nice.

The cell bed is textured, but the beer mug is not yet, u can do this...

Good luck with the folio work and getting that placement. Wink

Also, the logo is looking fab, almost there.
RobertRamsay
RobertRamsay

Back to top Go down

Post  Nexus Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:34 pm

okay peeps Smile heres an update on what im doing atm..

im working on the kings throne concept and then jumping into the modelling for it Smile

over the next week or two im going to be packing and such for moving house "woop" so i wont be around as much as id like due to it being hectic Smile

if ya need me for anything rob just text and i'll ring you Smile

Nexus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum